Expansion Joint Fixing Methodology
The task involves fabricating and installing expansion joints in accordance with the technical drawings and specifications provided.
All materials used, including fabrication, handling, storage, installation procedures, and adherence to standards, must meet the specifications outlined by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MORT&H).
Procedure Of Expansion Joint Fixing :
- Adjusting Gap: The gap between steel edge members is adjusted based on the temperature during installation using a clamp plate arrangement.
- Positioning: The expansion joint is lowered into position within the block out.
- Level Adjustment: The level and gradation are adjusted to match the final finished level of the deck slab at the carriage way.
- Anchoring: Anchor studs are securely welded to the deck reinforcement to ensure stability. Additional steel bars may be employed for reinforcement.
- Formwork Installation: Necessary formwork is installed to support the concrete pour.
- Concrete Pouring: Concrete of the specified mix is poured into the block out, ensuring proper compaction.
- Clamp Plate Removal: Once the concrete has been poured and set, clamp plates are removed.
- Curing: Proper curing procedures are followed for the block out to ensure optimal strength and durability.
- Joint Alignment: To maintain uniform joint opening and extrusion parallelism, a string line is utilized.
- Welding Machine: 1 unit
- Cube Moulds: As required
- Slump Cone Apparatus: 1 set
By adhering to this methodology, expansion joints can be effectively fabricated and installed to meet the required standards and specifications.